09 January 2009

January Miscellany

In lieu of an actual topical post today, I'm taking care of a miscellany of updates.

Update 1: Baby A is now just over six months old. She is sitting up on her own, eating solid foods, taking a pacifier (finally), and a general joy. She is not, however, showing any inkling of crawling. Which really, is just as well, as I live in terror of MobileBaby. She goes down in her crib, but when she wakes in the very early AM, I bring her to bed to nurse, and she usually stays there. Now that she is big enough to not worry about squishing, I find that I love, love, love cosleeping. She curls into my side or my back, sighs, and sleeps like, well, a baby. Contentedness - u r doin it rite.
Drool? What drool?

Yes, as a matter of fact, I DO know how cute I am.

Update 2: We have finished the reno of our family room. New flooring, paint, windows, etc. I really love it, in part because it seems to make keeping the whole house clean a little easier. I don't know why this is. You'd think that it would just be another room to keep clean, but it seems that we now tend to eat at the table, not in front of the living room TV, and then go downstairs after dinner. This means that the dishes from dinner have much better odds of ending up in the dishwasher, as opposed to being abandoned on the living room coffee table. The room also become bit of a gaming room, with the purchase of a new flat panel tv and a Wii by various household members. I have decided that I love the Wii, but not quite as much as I love Rock Band. Nothing makes for a good time like sitting around with your friends making collective asses of yourselves. It is also my office, because our computer has moved up from the exile of the basement. Computing in the light is a very good thing.

Update 3: I'm missing regular TV. The reruns have gone seriously stale, and somehow the premier of Mommas' Boys just isn't doing it for me. I want to see Chuck, and Heroes, and CSI again. Also, I caught the Season 3 premier of Big Love the other night on Showcase. I had forg,otten how much I love that show. Now if only I could figure out how to get caught up on Entourage and Battlestar Galactica and maybe Lost, I would be in blissful TV heaven.

Update 4: I'm sick to death of snow and weather below -25 Celsius. December and now January have been cold and snowy almost non-stop, and I am seriously ready for some winter weather that doesn't make me want to hibernate. A nice -10 or so would let me bundle BabyA up for a nice walk in her little sled. Come on, Mother Nature, please??

Ok, that's all I have to say for today. Peace and love, everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment